Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Plans

I had a great Friday planned.  The children and I were going to get up early and head for the zoo.  We were going to meet tons of friends there for a carefree day out.  No worries.  After lunch we'd come home, open our home-based business for a couple of hours, then get ready for a football game.  We expected a huge victory in the game, and some impressive stats for Evan.  What a great day!  What a plan! 

But it didn't work out like we had planned.  Davin, our 5 year old, got sick on Wednesday, and was still down on Friday.  There's no way we could make the zoo trip.  Then the football game got cancelled.  Ever heard of a high school team forfeiting a game?  I hadn't, but it happened.  (At least it counts as a win for us!)No zoo trip, no football game.  And sometime around 3:30 in the afternoon, the words "let's wrestle" were muttered somewhere in my house.  While I'll probably never know the whole story, the result of the wrestling suggestion was a 5 hour ordeal involving a shove into the couch, a cut to the forhead, a visit to the ER, and 10 stitches for 7 year old Landon who has a serious aversion to needles. 

This was my first day of being 45 years old; surely it will get better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment